PRESS YOUR SALTY PICKLES!
In Japanese cuisine, fermented pickles are served with most meals. The probiotics in fermented vegetables not only help with digestion, but also add helpful bacteria to your gut.
This is an authentic Japanese pickle maker, or Tsukemono Press. The slim design allows for easier storage in your refrigerator door. To make delicious Japanese pickles quickly, lightly salt your thinly sliced vegetables (we recommend starting with cabbage or cucumber), and place them in the HARIO Tsukemono Slim Glass Pickle Press, with the heavy weight on top and the lid on. Put in the fridge for a day or two, and you're ready to go!
You can also experiment with other fermentations such as leaving your pickles on the counter for a few days instead of the fridge, or adding spices or rice wine vinegar. The possibilities are endless!
- SIZE: W102 x D102 x H135mm (W4 x D4 x H5.3in)
- CAPACITY: 800ml (27oz)
- WEIGHT (incl. individual box): Approx. 600g (21oz)
- Body: Heatproof Glass
- Cobblestone: Borosilicate Glass
- Lid: AS Resin
- Packing, Cobblestone Cover: Silicone Rubber
- Heatproof Glass Body Made in Japan
- Borosilicate Glass Cobblestone Made in Vietnam
- AS Resin Lid Made in Japan
- Microwave Safe (Please be sure that the lid has been removed before microwaving this product)
- Dishwasher Safe
- Start with Cabbage or Cucumbers
- Wash Your Vegetables!
- Slice and Chop Your Vegetables
- Finely Sliced Vegetables Will Ferment More Quickly
- Season With Salt to Taste
- Experiment with Other Spices and Vegetables
- Try Adding Garlic, Onion, Radish or Carrots. Be Creative!
- Pack the Vegetables Tightly, Place the Weight, and Put on the Lid
- Place Jar in Fridge or on Counter and Check in a Few Days
- Enjoy Your Freshly Fermented Vegetables as a Snack or a Side!
hari hair pickle press glass fermented veggies bacteria probiotic